Do you plan on getting a new air conditioning system in Brighton, TN? Maybe you are starting to wonder what to choose between a central A/C and a ductless system and which one is better. To help you make the right choice, we have compiled the pros and cons of both units.
Central Air Conditioner: How Does It Work?
A central A/C system is composed of three major parts, which are the ductwork, an indoor unit, and an outdoor unit. Through a network of ducts, the treated air is distributed in the entire house. The ductwork is where the conditioned air passes through to enter a space via a supply register. When paired with a programmable thermostat, you will keep the temperature and utility costs under control.
- Provides a comprehensive cooling solution for your home
- Setting up the unit is simple especially with an existing ductwork
- Adding zones is possible for better temperature control
- Saves space with its slim registers
- Longer warranty
- Ductwork needs regular cleaning to keep a quality indoor air
- The need for ducts makes a central A/C unit costly
- Zoning is required for even temperature on all rooms of the house
Ductless A/C System: How Does It Work?
Also called a mini-split system, a ductless air conditioner is made up of only two components namely an indoor handling unit and an outdoor compressor. The indoor and outdoor units are connected through a series of pipes and electrical wiring. As the name implies, no ductwork is required as each indoor unit can cool every room in the house. A ductless system can operate with one indoor unit matched with a single outdoor unit or multiple indoor units with only one outdoor unit. Either way, the system will work efficiently.
- Installing multiple interior units in the entire house does not necessitate cooling unused rooms. Thus, you will consume less energy.
- Ductless A/C system operates quieter
- Easy and quick to install
- Offers a user-friendly interface as it does not cycle off and on
- More expensive compared to central air conditioning system
- The indoor unit needs to be installed correctly for higher efficiency and better look
If you are currently on the market to buy a new cooling system, we can help. Talk to our experts at South Eastern Comfort, LLC to discuss your needs. We can offer a variety of quality options for central air conditioners and ductless HVAC systems. Call us for more details.